On Thursday, November 4, 2021, the Board of Directors released the following open letter to CPAC members from Past CPAC Chairman, David Shimberg, CBCP, MBCI. As the organization proceeds into a new calendar year it is important to further outreach to our non-member contacts in order to transition into a into our next fiscal year.
Greetings, valued CPAC Member!
We hope you are doing well as we move through the final months of 2021.
We’re contacting you to thank you for your ongoing membership in CPAC, share an update of where we are as we wrap up the year, and to ask for your input and support as an important CPAC member.
Simply put, we are at a turning point for our association. Decreases in member participation, support, directional guidance, and willingness to assume leadership roles over past years puts CPAC’s ability to meet your needs at risk.
What can you as a CPAC member do?
- · Re-examine how CPAC can help you and your organization in terms of best practices, training, mutual assistance from other CPAC members
- · Reach out to CPAC Board Members and tell us what programs, training, and services you and your organization need from CPAC.
- · Determine how you and/or your organization can best, actively support CPAC (provide direction, present programs, serve in leadership roles, provide sponsorship)
- · Join a CPAC Corporate Leader Committee, helping set CPAC’s direction, better meeting the organizational needs of the corporate members.
- · Host or Sponsor a CPAC meeting or event, i.e., certification training, testing, special programs
Finally, a reminder that we value you and your support for CPAC. Professional associations like CPAC are the most cost-effective way for professionals, whether new to the profession or seasoned practitioners, to build and maintain the best BC/DR skills and programs possible.
Please be assured that we remain confident and optimistic about the possibilities to provide even greater value and engagement for our association! Be on the lookout for a letter announcing our Open Call for board of directors nominations, along with volunteer opportunities.
Let’s work together for a bright future for our CPAC!
We look forward to hearing from you.
The CPAC Board of Directors
David A. Shimberg, CBCP, MBCI
Past CPAC Board Chairman